Peace Be With You

Welcome to my blog! My name is Rev. David Lindenberg. I am a pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Rapid City, South Dakota. "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good" is from Psalm 34:8, and it describes several of my favorite things, which this blog will be about. Taste: I am a "foodie," and I love to cook, so from time to time there will be some of my favorite recipes, or cooking tips on here. SEE: I love art, drawing, and am currently taking some art instruction, and learning how to paint as well, so there will also be some things about art and painting in my blog. I also love history, which has nothing to do with the title, but it a real interest of mine. But most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and so most of my blogging will be about matters of faith, and some daily devotional writings. I hope that you enjoy "Tasting and Seeing That the Lord IS Good!" Happy reading!



Saturday, May 21, 2011

A thorough cleaning.

Well I did it again.  I skipped blogging yesterday for something a little more important.  For some reason I got into one of those cleaning modes.  All day long with this, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, picking up, mopping, cleaning toilets and bathtubs and showers.  By the end of it I was worn out, and my muscles sore.  But at least the house was clean...well, clean-ER, than it had been in a long time.
Which gets me to thinking....you know our hearts could use a good cleaning once in a while, I mean every day actually.   David understood this.  Oh I wouldn't say he was perfect at it by any stretch of imagination.  All you have to do is study his life to know that he was pretty sinful, just like us.  But take a read of what David wrote in Psalm 51....Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. [2] Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! [3] For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.[4] Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. [5] Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. [6] Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. [7] Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. [8] Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice.  [9] Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. [10] Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. [11] Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. [12] Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. 
Wow!  What powerful words from David after understanding that it was he who had sinned.  We sing these words as an offertory when we use DSIII in LSB.  It is a reminder to us that our hearts are dirty with sin and need a thorough cleaning (daily).  But this cleaning won't come from dusting or mopping, pickng up, scrubbinig, or sweeping.  This cleaning comes only from the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ our Savior.  He cleanses our hearts from sin so that we may have a nice clean "house" for the Holy Spirit to make His dwelling place there.
Thanks for reading, and God bless you!

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your blog, taste and see that the lord is good is one of my favorite verses,
    Blessings,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete