Peace Be With You

Welcome to my blog! My name is Rev. David Lindenberg. I am a pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Rapid City, South Dakota. "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good" is from Psalm 34:8, and it describes several of my favorite things, which this blog will be about. Taste: I am a "foodie," and I love to cook, so from time to time there will be some of my favorite recipes, or cooking tips on here. SEE: I love art, drawing, and am currently taking some art instruction, and learning how to paint as well, so there will also be some things about art and painting in my blog. I also love history, which has nothing to do with the title, but it a real interest of mine. But most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and so most of my blogging will be about matters of faith, and some daily devotional writings. I hope that you enjoy "Tasting and Seeing That the Lord IS Good!" Happy reading!



Friday, May 13, 2011

God Will Provide: Part 2

Sorry no post yesterday....when I tried to blog, the site was down, and I had a very busy and challenging day yesterday.

To continue where I left off on Wednesday about trusting in God....I think that when it comes to keeping the 1st commandment "To fear, love and trust in God above all things," this is where we Christians struggle the most.  We sort of ventured into a discussion on this in our Thursday morning Bible Study on the Life of David yesterday.  It would seem that David struggled with this aspect of faith just like we do.  One moment he is praying, and writing psalms and praises to God, and turning to God in all circumstances for guidance and answers; the next, it is like he has completely forgotten about God all together, and is going it alone or seeking advice in all the wrong places.
Max Lucado-noted Christian author writes the folowing about David's struggle....
No hope and most of all no God.  David focuses on Saul.  David imerses himself in fear until fear takes over....Confused-David talked to God.  Challenged-David talked to God.  Afraid-he talked to God...most of the time.  But not this time.  On this occasion, David talks to himself....not David's finest hour.  He lies to the Philistine king an covers up his deceit with bloodshed.  He continues this duplicity ofr 16 months.  From this season no psalms exist.  His harp hangs silent."   Bottom line--he did not trust in God above all things, and let his fears and anxiety get the best of him.
We are much like that, and so I asked my study group what things may cause them to lack trust in God.  Be aware of your own.  Resist those urges to handle things yourself or turn to someplace else, and turn to God, knowing that He has power over all things, for He created all things. 
Psalm 27:7-8
    Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;
        be gracious to me and answer me!
    [8] You have said, "Seek my face."
    My heart says to you,
    "Your face, Lord, do I seek."

   
  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment