Peace Be With You

Welcome to my blog! My name is Rev. David Lindenberg. I am a pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Rapid City, South Dakota. "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good" is from Psalm 34:8, and it describes several of my favorite things, which this blog will be about. Taste: I am a "foodie," and I love to cook, so from time to time there will be some of my favorite recipes, or cooking tips on here. SEE: I love art, drawing, and am currently taking some art instruction, and learning how to paint as well, so there will also be some things about art and painting in my blog. I also love history, which has nothing to do with the title, but it a real interest of mine. But most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and so most of my blogging will be about matters of faith, and some daily devotional writings. I hope that you enjoy "Tasting and Seeing That the Lord IS Good!" Happy reading!



Saturday, May 7, 2011

"As Sweet as Honey"--Ezekiel 3:3

   Ezekiel 3:1-4  And he said to me, "Son of man, eat whatever you find here. Eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel." [2] So I opened my mouth, and he gave me this scroll to eat. [3] And he said to me, "Son of man, feed your belly with this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it." Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth as sweet as honey. [4] And he said to me, "Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with my words to them.
   I couldn't resist beginning my blogging with this text, considering the title of my blog, "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good."  In the Lutheran church, we have a prayer regarding the study of God's holyWord, and a saying to go along with that prayer.  It goes something like this...Read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest the Word of God.  What a fitting text this is then to exemplify that.  For Ezekiel, who was facing a difficult ministry amongst a stiff-necked people, reading the scroll just wasn't enough.  God's Word must permeate every part of his being in order for him to have the strength to go on about doing the task set before him.
  Wouldn't it be great if we would all approach the Word of God in such a way.  To understand just how much we need it in our lives.  To desire for God's holy Word to permeate every aspect of our being.  Oh how blessed we would be.  May you desire to read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest the holy Word of God as you face your daily challenges in life.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to following along! We can all digest together!

    ReplyDelete