Peace Be With You

Welcome to my blog! My name is Rev. David Lindenberg. I am a pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Rapid City, South Dakota. "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good" is from Psalm 34:8, and it describes several of my favorite things, which this blog will be about. Taste: I am a "foodie," and I love to cook, so from time to time there will be some of my favorite recipes, or cooking tips on here. SEE: I love art, drawing, and am currently taking some art instruction, and learning how to paint as well, so there will also be some things about art and painting in my blog. I also love history, which has nothing to do with the title, but it a real interest of mine. But most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and so most of my blogging will be about matters of faith, and some daily devotional writings. I hope that you enjoy "Tasting and Seeing That the Lord IS Good!" Happy reading!



Monday, August 1, 2011

All the little things.

Sorry I have been away from posting for a while.  Things have been rather hectic!
Why is it that all the little things that drive us crazy all happen at once?  I'm talkin about all
those things that you would rather never happened, but by themselves aren't such a big deal really.
Unfortunately, they tend to all come at the same time.  We got a crack in our windshield of the van.  Then the "Service Engine" Light comes on in the car.  Then my watch battery goes out.  Then my sunglasses break when I pick them up.  Ok, I am not going to touch anything!  (I won't take credit for the van's winshield being cracked either, but sadly the other things I did touch).
Again, if these things each happened one at a time, separated by a little time (weeks, not days), none of them would be horrible, except maybe the two car things (a bit more expensive).  I guess today is a venting day.  It's hot, I have been running around doing errands I didn't expect to be doing, and I am tired. 
When life is dragging you down with all the "little things," Jesus has some divine intervention for you...some words of comfort and mercy for your life.....
    Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

Thanks for reading and God Bless You!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment