Peace Be With You

Welcome to my blog! My name is Rev. David Lindenberg. I am a pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Rapid City, South Dakota. "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good" is from Psalm 34:8, and it describes several of my favorite things, which this blog will be about. Taste: I am a "foodie," and I love to cook, so from time to time there will be some of my favorite recipes, or cooking tips on here. SEE: I love art, drawing, and am currently taking some art instruction, and learning how to paint as well, so there will also be some things about art and painting in my blog. I also love history, which has nothing to do with the title, but it a real interest of mine. But most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and so most of my blogging will be about matters of faith, and some daily devotional writings. I hope that you enjoy "Tasting and Seeing That the Lord IS Good!" Happy reading!



Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dissing God's Word

    Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. Matthew 24:35
         I was saddened (but not surprised) to see something posted on facebook this morning from an aquaintance of mine that was extremely disrespectful to the Word of God.  At first I was angry, but I knew that danger of that anger turning to me being judgmental toward that person.  Instead, I forgave them and feel sorry for them at the same time.  I was reminded of Jesus' compassion for the crowd, when He thought, They are like sheep without a shepherd. 
     It does disturb me, however, when those who probably do not even own a Bible take passages out of context, and mock it, and misuse God's Word to try to make their worldly point, or to try and turn God's Words around in an attempt to justify sin or sinful behavior.  This is what Satan did in deceiving Adam and Eve to sin.  Did God REALLY say?
     I would rather that people actually pick up the Bible and start reading it, FOR REAL, than to have them mock what they have absolutely no understanding of.  Better yet, read it and then come and ask a pastor, such as myself, what it means.
     Lest you read this and think I am still angry (it is hard to tell emotion in emails and blogs), I am not, but completely serious about all I am writing here.  As I already wrote, it really distubs me when I hear or see people being so disrespectful of something that God has given to  us to bless our lives.
     So pick up a Bible and start reading.  Don't have a Bible?  My policy has always been that if someone doesn't have a Bible, come see me, I will give you one.  I'll even teach you what it means!!!
The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me; I stand alone on the Word of God, the B-I-B-L-E!
    Thanks for reading and God bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment