Peace Be With You

Welcome to my blog! My name is Rev. David Lindenberg. I am a pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Rapid City, South Dakota. "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good" is from Psalm 34:8, and it describes several of my favorite things, which this blog will be about. Taste: I am a "foodie," and I love to cook, so from time to time there will be some of my favorite recipes, or cooking tips on here. SEE: I love art, drawing, and am currently taking some art instruction, and learning how to paint as well, so there will also be some things about art and painting in my blog. I also love history, which has nothing to do with the title, but it a real interest of mine. But most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and so most of my blogging will be about matters of faith, and some daily devotional writings. I hope that you enjoy "Tasting and Seeing That the Lord IS Good!" Happy reading!



Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Lord will Provide!

This week's Gospel lesson, which I will be preaching on this coming Sunday(July 31), is the story of Jesus feeding the 5000.  As I study the text, it really got me to thinking about how the Lord provides for us.  Today, I will begin with the catechetical answer for this from the 1st article of the Apostles' Creed in Luther's Small Catechism.  (NOTE:  This may be a good opportunity for those of you who have one, to dust it off and take a look at the 1st Article of the Creed and its meaning!)  Then I will pose a few questions for you at the end.  This week my focus will be all about how the Lord provides for us.

I think that we cannot take a look at how the Lord provides without our starting point being WHY He  provides.  The answer is really quite simple.  He provides for us because He created us.


I beleive that God has made me and all creatures; that He has given me my body and soul, eyes, ears, and all my members, my reason and all my senses, and still takes care of them.

That last part says it all doesn't it.  He STILL takes care of them.  That is true with all that God creates.  Oh it may not look like it sometimes, but the bad and the ugly that we see with our eyes and experience in and around us is what sin has done to corrupt everything that God has created.  This certainly does not mean that God, our Creator has stopped providing for us.

How do you recognize when and how God provides for you?  Is there any times that it seems to you that God is not providing for your needs or the needs of others?  What do you think about homelessness or starvation or those without sufficient clothing and the like?

Thank you for reading, and thanks be to God for all His blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment