Peace Be With You

Welcome to my blog! My name is Rev. David Lindenberg. I am a pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Rapid City, South Dakota. "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good" is from Psalm 34:8, and it describes several of my favorite things, which this blog will be about. Taste: I am a "foodie," and I love to cook, so from time to time there will be some of my favorite recipes, or cooking tips on here. SEE: I love art, drawing, and am currently taking some art instruction, and learning how to paint as well, so there will also be some things about art and painting in my blog. I also love history, which has nothing to do with the title, but it a real interest of mine. But most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and so most of my blogging will be about matters of faith, and some daily devotional writings. I hope that you enjoy "Tasting and Seeing That the Lord IS Good!" Happy reading!



Friday, August 19, 2011

Using the gifts God has given!

Romans 12:5-6
    ...so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. [6] Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them.   


     This happens to be from the Epistle lesson for this Sunday, and also the text for the message I will be preaching.  But as I think about a special person today, who died yesterday, I can't help but ponder this text again.
     Clara Wolff, a beloved woman and member of Peace Lutheran Church, serving in so many ways with the gifts God has given to her, and sharing His love and mercy with so many.  Clara understood what it meant to be part of the body of Christ and to use God's grace-given gifts to the fullest and best of her abilities.  She was always working--as a greeter, pulling weeds around the church and tending to the flowers here, working the greeting card table, changing the bulletin board for different seasons in the Church, or just trying to be helpful and encouraging.  She would bring apple chips that she made for Amy and Jacob every fall.  She is going to be greatly missed!
     But one thing that we can all learn from Clara-who at 84 yrs old looked very frail and to some probably like she couldn't do a whole lot-is that God can give us the ability and the strength to do anything, according to His good and gracious will.  And by His grace, He supplies us with the gifts that we need, and also with the Holy Spirit in order that we may have the ability and desire to bless others with those gifts of grace.
    I pray that I am half as giving and willing to serve as Clara was, and I pray the same for everyone. 
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Philip. 4:13
Thanks for reading, and God bless you with His gifts of grace in all that you do!   

No comments:

Post a Comment