Peace Be With You

Welcome to my blog! My name is Rev. David Lindenberg. I am a pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Rapid City, South Dakota. "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good" is from Psalm 34:8, and it describes several of my favorite things, which this blog will be about. Taste: I am a "foodie," and I love to cook, so from time to time there will be some of my favorite recipes, or cooking tips on here. SEE: I love art, drawing, and am currently taking some art instruction, and learning how to paint as well, so there will also be some things about art and painting in my blog. I also love history, which has nothing to do with the title, but it a real interest of mine. But most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and so most of my blogging will be about matters of faith, and some daily devotional writings. I hope that you enjoy "Tasting and Seeing That the Lord IS Good!" Happy reading!



Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Whose are you?

    If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. Romans 14:8
     The 1978 release of the Pete Townshend song "Who are you?" on the album of the same name, by the rock band The Who, became one of the group's biggest hits in the States. I like the song, except for a couple instances where a certain word is expressed.  But the title of the song, and the main question in the  chorus is probably the question that most of us would ask about each other, but perhaps also the question we would most ask about ourselves--perhaps as we look at ourselves in the mirror. "Who are you?"
     Today, I would like to supplant that question with a different one, based on the verse above from our upcoming Epistle lesson next Sunday from Romans 14:8.  "Whose are you?"  I wonder if that wouldn't be a better question for us to ask others, and most definitely a better question to ask ourselves.  Because "whose" you are, or who you belong to, will determine in large part, WHO you are as well. 
     For example:  If, you belong to the Lord, then you will be about doing what the Lord has given to you to do in this life, and also in death.  Mainly, believing in your heart that Jesus Christ is your Savior, confessing Him with your mouth, and living your life in such a way as to reflect the light of Christ to the darkness of this world and of other people's lives.  If you belong to the Lord, then you will be repentant of your sins, turning away from your sin, and turning back to God.
     We were bought at a price, we are not our own.  The truth of the matter is, Jesus purchased and won us with His precious blood, sacrificed for us on the cross.  We belong to the Lord.  It is who we are, and more importantly, it is WHOSE we are!
Thanks for reading and God bless!    

No comments:

Post a Comment