Peace Be With You

Welcome to my blog! My name is Rev. David Lindenberg. I am a pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Rapid City, South Dakota. "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good" is from Psalm 34:8, and it describes several of my favorite things, which this blog will be about. Taste: I am a "foodie," and I love to cook, so from time to time there will be some of my favorite recipes, or cooking tips on here. SEE: I love art, drawing, and am currently taking some art instruction, and learning how to paint as well, so there will also be some things about art and painting in my blog. I also love history, which has nothing to do with the title, but it a real interest of mine. But most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and so most of my blogging will be about matters of faith, and some daily devotional writings. I hope that you enjoy "Tasting and Seeing That the Lord IS Good!" Happy reading!



Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Circuit Conferences/"WINKEL"

     Yesterday, as I posted on Facebook, was our Black Hills Circuit of the South Dakota District of the Lutheran Church Mo-Synod first Winkel conference (or circuit conference) of the year--returning to it after not having any during the summer.
     I am so thankful to be part of such a great circuit, and the truth be known, I was also part of a great circuit when I served at my first congregation in Iowa-East District.  I miss those guys!  But I am privileged to be part of such a great group of guys here in the Black Hills area, wonderful men of God, undershepherds who serve the Lord and others with humilty, love and care for each other and for the Lord's flock.
     Our meeting yesterday got me to thinking about circuits and circuit conferences in general.  I have, in 10 years of ministry been part of 2 outstanding circuits.  But I have heard horror stories from other guys in the ministry, who have not been part of such close-knit circuits, where all the brothers get along so well and build one another up.  It makes me sad to know that such groups exist even in the church, among brother pastors.  However, it also shows the reality of sin within the church.  We in the church are not exempt from sin.  We pastors are also sinners in need of God's forgiveness.  Ministry is very challenging work, and we don't all agree on how things should be done.
     I can't imagine what I would  do if I was in a circuit where we did not agree on matters of ministry and even doctrine in some cases, and where the brother pastors did not exactly get along.  I suppose I wouldn't want to attend Winkels if that were the case.  And what a disappointment that would be.
     What I have found in the circuits that I have enjoyed the pleasure of being part of is this...It is a true joy to get together with these brothers in Christ; to share ideas, to build one another up in Christ, to comfort each other when needed, to count on your fellow pastors in this time and place, and to grow together in Christ as we study the Word of God together, worship together, and fellowship with one another.  Praise be to God for these opportunities He lovingly gives us to get together.
   God bless the circuits of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, and God bless the Benton Circuit in Iowa East District, and especially may He continue to bless the Black Hills Circuit of South Dakota!
   Thank you for reading and God bless you too!

1 comment:

  1. Well, said Dave! I have been in a circuit that has really struggled with fellow ship for the last 8 years and it can make ministry a very lonely endeavor. That is why I thank God for facebook and other social media that allow me to have fellowship and feedback from brothers of kindred spirit! I am happy to say that our circuit is making great strides toward better camaraderie and collegiality. Your prayers are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete