Peace Be With You

Welcome to my blog! My name is Rev. David Lindenberg. I am a pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Rapid City, South Dakota. "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good" is from Psalm 34:8, and it describes several of my favorite things, which this blog will be about. Taste: I am a "foodie," and I love to cook, so from time to time there will be some of my favorite recipes, or cooking tips on here. SEE: I love art, drawing, and am currently taking some art instruction, and learning how to paint as well, so there will also be some things about art and painting in my blog. I also love history, which has nothing to do with the title, but it a real interest of mine. But most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and so most of my blogging will be about matters of faith, and some daily devotional writings. I hope that you enjoy "Tasting and Seeing That the Lord IS Good!" Happy reading!



Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Art Work

  It was great to see all the wonderful art displayed at the hospital yesterday.  I think they do this a couple of times a year as a fundraiser.  After making my hospital visits yesterday I took just a little time to go up and down both sides of the lobby area looking at all the paintings and other items.  I think my favorites were the ones of labrador retrievers....I might be a little biased though, because I have 2 labs at home(ok one is a lab/collie mix).  But there were some awesome prints of scenic views that were very well done also.  I didn't quite have the bucks, or I might have had to take a few prints home with me.  Oh well, it was quite nice just to take a little time and enjoy life and God's creation through the eyes of some wonderfully talented artists.
   Here are a few of the artists names I wrote down, and the prints they had on display that I liked.  You can Google them to see some of their paintings/photo prints.  Or better yet, if you are in the Rapid City area, go over to the hospital's main lobby and check them out!  They will be there today and tomorrow still.
Nigel Hemming-"Six Pack"
Jerry Gradamus-"Black Lab Pups", "Friends in the Field"
Mike Jones-"Tahoe Smoky Sunrise"
Ann Dahlgren-"A New Day 1"
William Vanscoy-"All Day Dreamer"
*Ken Messam-"Oxbow Bend"

*[I could not find this painter on the web]
Enjoy some good artwork and photography.
Thanks for reading and God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment