Peace Be With You

Welcome to my blog! My name is Rev. David Lindenberg. I am a pastor at Peace Lutheran Church (LCMS) in Rapid City, South Dakota. "O Taste and See That the Lord is Good" is from Psalm 34:8, and it describes several of my favorite things, which this blog will be about. Taste: I am a "foodie," and I love to cook, so from time to time there will be some of my favorite recipes, or cooking tips on here. SEE: I love art, drawing, and am currently taking some art instruction, and learning how to paint as well, so there will also be some things about art and painting in my blog. I also love history, which has nothing to do with the title, but it a real interest of mine. But most of all, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and so most of my blogging will be about matters of faith, and some daily devotional writings. I hope that you enjoy "Tasting and Seeing That the Lord IS Good!" Happy reading!



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

With God All Things Are Possible

     It never fails....more often than not, God does some excellent planning and things just seem to all come together at the same time, without my even planning on it.  Well, it has happened again this week.  Tomorrow, I have my Thursday morning Bible Study, in which we are studying Genesis.  We are on chapter 18, in which 3 "visitors" come to spend some time with Abraham and Sarah.  The purpose is for an announcement [annunciation] that Sarah will have a son.  The story contiues with Sarah laughing (again) at this prospect, because "After I am worn out and my lord is old shall I have pleasure?"  And the answer from the Lord: "IS ANYTHING TOO HARD FOR THE LORD?"
    Take that together with the fact that I am holding chapel for our preschoolers tomorrow, and what should we be learning about but Luke 1:26-38.  That's right!  The ANNUNCIATION of Jesus' birth to Mary from the angel Gabriel.  Though she did not laugh, Mary's reaction was one of shock and awe, and doubt:  "How will this be, since I am a Virgin?"  And Gabriel's answer to Mary was: "FOR NOTHING WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!"
     We sometimes place limitations on God based on our own abilities, nature, logic or any other human estimations we may use.  Like Sarah and Mary, and anyone else for that matter, we tend to have momentary lapses where we forget that God is ALMIGHTY, and what that actually means.  It means that God has the power to do what He says....the power to keep His promises.
     During this season of Advent [of preparation and waiting] let us be mindful of all the promises that He has kept (and not just to Sarah and Mary)--but to us all.  Especially let us remember that He promised a Savior, Jesus Christ our Lord; who has promised to return in glory to judge the living and the dead.  May we trust in those words that "Nothing will be impossible with God," as we await His return in faith, hope, and love.

Thank you for reading, and God bless your Advent and Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment